Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 12, 2018, 04:01:56 AM
8,794 Posts in 2,343 Topics by 310 Members
Latest Member: fennelwink
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Rhiana Griffith Fan Club | Message Board
|-+  Rhiana Griffith
| |-+  News and Discussion (Moderator: Ardath Rekha)
| | |-+  New registrants--you might get deleted by accident
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New registrants--you might get deleted by accident  (Read 2189 times)
Shalimar
Administrator

« on: July 09, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »

The site is currently being deluged with spam registrants. I'm ban listing and deleting them as fast as I can, but it's impossible for me to go one at a time. If you know you registered and can't find yourself, please write to me at info at art dash of dash vin dash diesel dot com and we'll work out getting you registered.

Shalimar
Ardath Rekha
Your Nefarious Webmistress
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

Registration has been temporarily disabled until these spammers move on to other pastures.  Those of you wishing to legitimately register will need to contact Shalimar at the above address, or webmistress - at - rhiana - dash - griffith - dot - com to request an account.

Update: I've been investigating the perps behind this and have tracked a particular program that shows up repeatedly in conjunction with these spammers.  FunWebProducts is hereby banned from the entire RGFC site as well as all of the connected sites.  There is a slight chance that a legitimate user may have been caught up in this ban, because FunWebProducts fraudulently markets a variety of what purport to be browser add-ons but are actually malware.  (For more information about their scamliciousness, feel free to read all about them and if you know someone who has been infected, send them here for removal help.)  However, when I was combing through the site's raw logs, I didn't see a single FunWebProducts entry that wasn't hinky in some way, so the ban is going to stand.  An IP address originating from the Ukraine, which frequently appeared in conjunction with spam registrations, has also been banned from the site.  We will see if further action is needed.

Again, if someone you know complains that they can't access RGFC at all from a computer, it may be infected with FunWebProducts malware.  In which case, pass on the links above to them and tell them that they're going to just have to live without their spyware-soaked smiley packs if they want a clean computer and unfettered internet access.  Happy browsing, everybody.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:14:20 PM by Ardath Rekha » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register